Sailability is an entry level program for people of all abilities to get into sailing and all activities at clubs. Approximately 20% of Australians are classified as having a disability, and this program aims to include all people who want to give sailing a go!
The objectives of the Sailability program at the Royal Geelong Yacht Club are:
- To encourage and facilitate sailing for people with a disability.
- To educate the broader community to the needs and attitudes of people with a disability
- To promote the inclusion of people with a disability within mainstream yachting activities.
- To promote yachting as a fun, safe and rewarding activity in which people with a disability can safely participate
- To imbed the safety procedures of Royal Geelong Yacht Club within all Sailability activities
Our program is run by passionate volunteers from October to March, over the warmer months of the year, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Royal Geelong Yacht Club supplies the boats, PFDs (personal flotation device), hoists and slings.
For more information, or to book a session, contact email@example.com
An information sheet for participants and carers can be downloaded HERE