OUR VISION is…..
The Royal Geelong Yacht Club Inc will be the premier members’ club in the Geelong and surrounding community, with outstanding facilities, programs and services.
OUR MISSION is to…..
- Provide a yachting, sailing, boating and on-water experience to the members of the club and the community
- Create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere where members will be proud and passionate about their club
- Provide an environment that fosters success in yachting, sailing, boating and other water-based activities – allowing our members to reach their boating potential and maximise their enjoyment
- Attract and conduct world-class regattas, programs and events
- Ensure we are a financially successful club
- Recruit, develop and retain highly professional staff that are able to deliver consistent high-quality service
- Maximise the use of our waterfront facility and respect our responsibility for the environment
UNITY – Members will be unified by decision-making based on consensus and through open and regular communication.
RESPECT – All members will listen to and acknowledge feedback and treat each other as equal. We will all conduct ourselves by agreed standards and be positive in our thoughts and actions.
ACCOUNTABILITY – Members and staff will be responsible for their actions by following clear procedures, goals and guidelines.
PROGRESSIVE – We will pursue an innovative and transformational path, ensuring that our decisions are informed and balanced.
OPEN – We will be transparent in our decisions and communication to and amongst members. We embrace community involvement with the Club.
MARITIME – We will respect and celebrate our traditions, yachting history and the maritime spirit and leave a legacy for future generations.